Before I go any further,let me plead forgiveness from the line up of awards I’ve received and haven’t attended to – I’m just darn lazy – that’s my excuse. However, I do appreciate the recognition and the opportunity to meet other bloggers. I’m responding to this one because it seems easier than most but it also gives me an opportunity to say thank you to all my subscribers and to share a little about myself for those who are new to my blog or with whom I haven’t fully engaged yet.
So first up, I’d like to thank my great blogging friend Tracy a.k.a – T. Wayne who nominated me for this award and you’ll find him at A Joyful Process Tracy and I share a passion for music and he astounds me everyday with his knowledge of music in general and the excitement we share in discovering that we have so many unique favorites in common. He is just a great person and he loves to dance which I do as well.
The Smiley Thumb award was created by David from the Chape blog, David, I still have to meet you properly but I like the idea that you created this award ( with your thumb 😀 ) I think it’s so special to receive handmade gifts (pardon the pun). So here is the award:
The rules for this one are as follows:
- include the photo of the Smiley Thumb award. (Done!)
- thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Done!)
- tell us what makes you smile.
- nominate as many bloggers as you like.
- include these rules in your post.
So what makes me smile other than my family that I am blessed to have:
- Music – I have a vast collection of music especially R&B and Smooth Jazz. It makes me smile when I link it to some of the people I connect with through music, memories,salve to my soul,love and romance and the poetry in music – especially the classics. Often,I let the music speak when I can’t find better words.
- Colour – I smile when I’m surrounded by beautiful vibrant colours – in my home, garden, places I visit – all just help lift my mood.
- Nature – when I stand at the top of a breathtaking mountain, drink in the views and vistas,the swell and rush of the ocean, the infinite surprise of intricate designs of flora and fauna.
- Good conversation on anything- with friends and total strangers alike and with lots of laughter in between
- Driving in my fast car on an open stretch of road letting my mind wonder and thanking God for being alive
- Blogging – Most of all, I smile when I receive a comment at odd times from across the world and I know then, the power of connection of mind and soul – this amazes me everyday. I also love the opportunity it affords to share my favorite hobbies and improve or experiment with my poetry writing.
- Majestic buildings – I stand in awe and my face warms up to studying the magnificent designs of ancient buildings – the pyramids in Egypt, the castles in France and the skyscrapers in New York and Shanghai.
Enough said: You can find evidence of the above on my Blog. Over to my nominations. I’d like to nominate the following bloggers for the Smiley Thumb award:
Alexsander at VisualAtelier