Dear Friends – old and new, I’m still making up my mind about accepting awards but how can I refuse this recognition and loyal support from my dear friend Rich – check him out at wafflemethis . He has been writing great poetry of late and dazzling all the ladies!
While I haven’t heard of this award before, I am grateful to receive it as I am re-building my new blog and welcome those who would like to exchange poetic thoughts with me or simply hang out in my studio at http://chevvy.wordpress. com or chevvy8 for some inspiration or sharing a few precious moments at Chevvy’s Studio .
So this strange award is called the Wakuwafu award. Thank you again for this special nomination wafflemethis
Here’s a guy who I imagine always has a smile on his face and cheers you up even when you’re having a bad day – please check him out!
“The idea behind this award is to motivate fellow bloggers and to act as a token of appreciation- I guess sometimes it gets lonely out there and we can do with a little help from our friends to make more friends.
So according to wafflemethis, this award is a small gesture that he hopes will go a long way as I do. So as I pass this award along, I will also post a link on my page linked to my nominees following the posting of this award. We will be posting a link to the nominated blog on our own Blogs so that people can actually find these blogs. I’ve realised that we don’t always market ourselves that well but even if we do, there are still many amazing people that we haven’t reached. So I would love to link up with more friends and by the same token introduce you to some of the blogs I follow. So here are the rules:
* Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
* Choose any 3 things you would like to say about yourself to your fellow bloggers.
* Answer the 3 questions set by your nominator.
* Think up 3 questions you would like to ask the people you nominate.
* Give one piece of advice to your fellow bloggers.
Once again thank you so much for this nomination to : wafflemethis
Three things about me…
1. I am generally an extrovert in most areas of my life but still trying to come out of my shell in the Blogosphere – still learning to reach out.
2. When I discover something creative I love, I get totally addicted and have to remind myself that I have family, friends and work that need my attention too.
3. I am still in such awe of the fact that I can connect with a stranger whom I have never met or seen and be able to almost read each other’s minds – what I call that “soul thing”.
The three questions set by wafflemethis are…
- Why WordPress as opposed to other blogging sites or social media?
I’ve never blogged before WordPress but I was excited by how easy it was to use for someone who isn’t technosavvy. I’m not a facebook fan though, still wanting some protection of my private life. I still enjoy meeting up with my friends and family in real life and not through technology. I love real hugs and kisses and looking someone in the eye , locked in deep conversations or just laughing out loud. (not the Lol kind)
- What is the one thing you have come to appreciate on WordPress that has touched you?
I thought I was reasonably intelligent and wise but I learn something everyday from other bloggers and some of you have touched my life in deep ways that you may never know – in my own journey of self discovery.
- What is the biggest love in your life?
I guess this is over and above my family – Music : It was probably my first love and I live my life with a soundtrack always in the background ( like the movies) Otherwise – keep on guessing 🙂
Now my questions to my nominees:
- Why do you blog?
- What have you learnt about yourself through blogging?
- Name one of your pet hates and explain why?
I have various reasons for nominating these three people. The first is a lady who seems not to sleep and she just exudes warmth whenever we meet. She is not short of followers but hey, check out her delicious food and her amazing stories.
My second nominee takes beautiful photographs and has profound quotations to match and a very refreshing perspective and passion for life – please check him out.
And my third nominee is a published poet who catches my breath when I read his poetry – often simply written and succinct but so profound.
So give it up for :
Finally I must share some advice : As a new blogger, my advice I guess is drawn from my life experience.
- Play nice – no need to get nasty with others if you don’t like something and
- when you like be sincere in your likes
Once again – a big thank you Rich at wafflemethis You are special.
Best to all – Chevvy